Oasis Community Acupuncture
36614 Newark Blvd.
(corner Mayhews Landing)
Newark, CA 94560
Your Initial Visit
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time so you can read and complete the initial paperwork.
- You want to have eaten something within the last 1-2 hours before your appointment. It is best not to be hungry or overly full during acupuncture.
- Wear clothing that can easily roll up to the elbows and knees. I practice a style of acupuncture where the points needled are below the elbows and knees to the hands and feet, and occasionally the ear/s.
- Out of courtesy to others, please wear no perfume or cologne. Some people are highly sensitive to fragrances.
- If you are a smoker, please refrain from smoking for one hour before your appointment. Smoking can make one more sensitive to the needles.
- When you arrive, please turn off your cell phone and all other electronic devices. Doing so helps you focus on the treatment.
- Payment on a range of fees (see About My Practice/Fees) is made with cash or personal check.
- After you finish filling out the forms, I will speak with you privately for a few minutes.
- It is a good idea to use the rest room before your treatment.
- You will be escorted to the treatment area where you will remove your socks, shoes and watch. There is a plastic container next to the recliner for you to place your valuables.
- After you are comfortably reclined, I may feel your pulses. This helps me determine the main meridian (see About Acupuncture) to work on and which points to needle.
- After the treatment, take it easy. Avoid any strenuous exercise or stressful situation.
- If you feel tired or sleepy, take a nap. This will help make the treatment more effective.